Festival du Voyageur Frequently Asked Questions
• Are day passes valid any day I choose?
No. There are 10 different Tickets that will correspond to each of Parc du Voyageur’s 5 days of public programming. You’ll have to choose the day you want as well as which timeslot to attend when buying your ticket.
• Is there a limit to the amount of tickets being sold?
Yes. To better manage the flow of visitors at Parc du Voyageur, reduce the length of line-ups and offer an enjoyable experience to our festivalgoers, there are limit to the number of Tickets sold. We strongly encourage festivalgoers to buy their tickets in advance.
• Where can I buy tickets?
You can purchase tickets online, at the Festival du Voyageur office (233 Provencher Blvd.) or at the Parc du Voyageur box office (limited amount depending on sales).
• Can I purchase tickets at the gate?
Yes, but with new limits to the amount of tickets sold, it is conceivable that certain days could sell-out. To guarantee admission to the festival, we strongly encourage festivalgoers to buy their passes in advance.
• Do children get in for free?
No, due to capacity and contact tracing, you will need to buy a ticket for everyone that will be attending the Parc du Voyageur.
• Are refunds available?
No. All sales are final. We can exchange your ticket to another day. The tickets are transferrable and are not redeemable for cash.
• What if I’ve lost my tickets?
If tickets are lost, stolen or destroyed they cannot be replaced.
• I purchased a ticket – can I come and go as I please from and to Parc du Voyageur all day?
You may come and go as you please to and from Parc du Voyageur within the timeslot you’ve chosen, but your ticket is only scannable once. To be able to re-enter the park within your timeslot, you must first visit the information centre to get a stamp which will allow you re-entry.
• Where can I park?
You can park at the Parc du Voyageur’s parking lot for $10.
• How much is parking at Voyageur Park?
Parking at Voyageur Park is $10.
• Is bike parking available?
Bike parking is located near the main entrance. Festival du Voyageur is not responsible for the damage or loss of property.
• The Voyageur Park parking lot is full. What do I do?
Please park on the street in the neighbourhood or ask a friend to drop you off.
• Are there free parking spots for people with reduced mobility?
Yes, free parking is offered and reserved parking is available at Voyageur Park for people with reduced mobility. Please present yourself at the parking office for further directions.
How should I dress?
Festival du Voyageur is a winter festival and February in Winnipeg can sometimes be cold. Make sure you check the weather before coming to Voyageur Park and dress accordingly. Wearing several layers is a great idea since you’ll be spending time outside as well as in warm heated tents.
Where can I buy Festival du Voyageur merchandise?
Festival du Voyageur merchandise is available by clicking here, at the Festival du Voyageur office boutique at 233 Provencher Blvd. and in our souvenir tent at Voyageur Park.
Can I access Voyageur Park during School Program activities?
The park is closed to the public during the day on February 15, 19, 20, 21 and 22 for the Great-West Life School Program. Please visit the park during public hours!
What should I do if I’ve lost an item at the festival?
The Festival du Voyageur’s lost and found is located at the 233-ALLO Information Centre at Parc du Voyageur. Please drop off any found items at the 233-Allo information centre. All items found by park staff or brought to the information centre are noted and registered. If you’ve lost an item, contact 204-233-2556. All items are kept for a period of one month at our office (233 Provencher Blvd.) and can be claimed during our office hours.
Can I bring my pet to Voyageur Park?
Although Festival du Voyageur staff are proud pet lovers, no pets are allowed on the Parc du Voyageur grounds for safety and sanitary reasons, unless it is a service animal.
Can we bring our toboggan?
Toboggans are allowed in the park but not inside tents. Festival du Voyageur is not responsible for lost or stolen toboggans. You cannot use your own toboggan on the slide at Voyageur Park. Toboggans and helmets will be provided on site. Please be aware of the following safety rules pertaining to the use of toboggan slides at Voyageur Park:
Use of slide is done at your own risk
Children 12 or under must be supervised by an adult
The use of a helmet is mandatory for persons who are under 18 years of age. Helmets are available on site.
• What are the Voyageur Park entrance conditions?
For your safety, we reserve the right to check the contents of all bags and beverage containers brought on to the site.
- No alcohol or drugs, weapons or glass;
- No pets other than service animals, including in Voyageur Park and tents.
- Passes or daily tickets will be confiscated and patrons will be removed from the festival site for disruptive behavior.
- Last admission to Voyageur Park is 60 minutes prior to the closing time.
- Your experience may be captured either on video or by photo. Festival du Voyageur inc. reserves the right to use these photos and videos for promotional purposes only.
• Where is the First Aid trailer?
Canadian First-Aid Training offers first aid and CPR services. They will be on site in Voyageur Park for the duration of the Festival.
Please call 911 in case of emergency.
• I lost my child in the Park! What do I do?
All lost children are escorted to the 233-ALLÔ Information Centre, where Festival staff will follow our lost child protocol and offer assistance in locating parents.
• Can I smoke on-site?
Smoking is prohibited inside all tents and within Fort Gibraltar walls and cabins. Please be respectful of those around you.
Smoking cannabis is prohibited at Festival du Voyageur.
• What are the toboggan slide safety rules?
The safety of our patrons is important to us. Please be aware of the following safety rules pertaining to the use of toboggan slides at Voyageur Park:
- Use of slide is done at your own risk o Children 12 or under must be supervised by an adult
- The use of a helmet is mandatory for persons who are under 18 years of age. Helmets are available on site.