Pea Soup Competition
French-Canadians are serious about their pea soups. Voyageurs of yesteryear would have carried salted pork and dried peas with them from Montreal when leaving on canoe trips. A good ol’ pea soup on the campfire was likely a delicious treat for these hungry voyageurs.
Participants in our Pea Soup Contest have proven, year after year, that there’s many different ways to make a pea soup. Local restaurants from Winnipeg and the surrounding area compete every year for the judge’s selection and the people’s choice award.
2020 competing restaurants:
- Gibraltar Dining Corp – 866 Saint Joseph st, Winnipeg
- Little Goat – 2615 Portage Ave, Winnipeg
- Sous-sol – 22-222 Osborne st, Winnipeg
- Resto-Gare – 130 Des Meurons st, Winnipeg
- The Wood – 112 Marion st, Winnipeg
- Nonsuch Brewing Co. – 125 Pacific ave, Winnipeg
- Amsterdam Tea Room – 211 Bannatyne ave, Winnipeg
Admission to the Pea Soup Contest is included in the price of your Voyageur Pass or Single-day Ticket. Single-day tickets for the event can be purchased below.
Sorry, no events found!
Sunday February 23rd, 2020
Le Foyer, Fort Gibraltar
Free with festival admission