Pea Soup Contest
This ain’t no canned soup!
French-Canadians are serious about their pea soups. Voyageurs of yesteryear would have carried salted pork and dried peas with them from Montreal when leaving on canoe trips. A good ol’ pea soup on the campfire was likely a delicious treat for these hungry voyageurs.
Participants in our Pea Soup Contest have proven, year after year, that there’s many different ways to make a pea soup. Local restaurants from Winnipeg and the surrounding area compete every year for the judge’s selection and the people’s choice award.
2019 competing restaurants:
- Blackbird Brasserie – 101-300 Tache Ave, Winnipeg, MB
- Chez Memère Inc. – St-Pierre-Jolys, Mb
- Gaijin Izakaya – 2-1575 Regent Ave W, Winnipeg, MB
- Gibraltar Dining Corp – 866 Rue Saint Joseph, Winnipeg, MB
- Little Goat – 2615 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, Mb
- Sous-sol – 22-222 Osborne st, Winnipeg, Mb
- Promenade Café and Wine – 130 Provencher Boulevard, Winnipeg, Mb
- Resto-Gare – 130 Des Meurons st, Winnipeg, Mb
- Shpak Attack Soups –