Get InvolvedBecome a volunteer, employee, supplier or partner
Festival du Voyageur is always looking for enthusiastic individuals that want to help us make the largest francophone festival in Western Canada a success!
Volunteer benefits include:
- Festival tickets
- Festival du Voyageur souvenir
- Meals while on shift at our new and improved volunteer facilities
- Accreditation available for volunteer hours (upon request) to add to your resume, complete your volunteer school requirements or receive a letter of recommendation
- Flexible scheduling
- Use, practice or improve your French, or simply volunteer in English. We have opportunities for bilingual or unilingual French or English volunteers
Positions and shifts will be available on Better Impact from November 2023. In the meantime, we encourage you to update or create your profile by filling out an application. This will enable us to add you to our database and send you all the emails containing the information you need to register quickly.
Come join us in a positive work environment at Festival du Voyageur. The school program is hiring Animators, Welcoming hosts, and Historical Interpreters!
Who We Are:
The Festival du Voyageur inc. is a Francophone non-profit organization founded in 1969 that offers the public artistic and educational experiences inspired by the voyageur era of 1815. The first edition of the Festival du Voyageur winter celebration took place in 1970. This annual event taking place for 10 days in February is now the largest francophone event in Western Canada welcoming more than 90,000 festivalgoers per year. This celebration highlights the arts of several disciplines, namely music, dance, sculpture, and visual arts, while prioritizing Francophone and Aboriginal artists.
The Festival du Voyageur is delighted to once again welcome students from far and near! The Festival du Voyageur’s Canada Life School Program highlights the history, cultures, languages and, of course, the joie de vivre of all our ancestors. This year we are offering a hybrid format program including crafts to complete in the classroom, two days of live virtual programming from Fort Gibraltar, interactive demonstrations, plays, concerts, outdoor sports, workshops dancing and free activities for all ages at Parc du Voyageur.
From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (February 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 2024), you will be responsible for hosting and leading various activities for children such as songs, games, dances, walks and crafts while conveying relevant historical information about the time of Voyageurs. The goal is to learn while having fun!
Responsibilities vary depending on the position assigned but include:
- Welcome and direct school buses to the right parking space
- Welcome and lead classes at the activity venue
- Supervise and animate various activities (Playground, competitions, snowshoeing, etc.)
- Intermediate level of French (oral and written) and intermediate level of English (oral and written);
- An interest in Manitoba history and culture;
- An interest in teaching or working with children (grades 1 to 12);
- A good team player;
- Ability to work outdoors in winter conditions in Manitoba (0ºC to -40ºC)
- Ready to work for the entire duration of the school program: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (February 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 2024)
- Available for 2 evening/weekend training sessions in December, January, and February
The Festival du Voyageur is pleased to offer you:
- The opportunity to learn, grow and thrive in an exciting and unique work environment;
- Opportunity to improve their oral alternative language (English and/or French);
- Work experience in an educational and tourist environment;
- Exposure to the Franco-Manitoban community and culture;
- Discount on official Festival du Voyageur merchandise;
- Free entry to Festival du Voyageur 2024;
- Guaranteed 30 hours of work in the Canada Life school program;
- Letter of reference once the job is completed, if requested, and if the work was satisfactory.
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please apply no later than December 16, 2023 at 5 p.m by sending your resume to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for your interest, however, only candidates selected for a job interview will be contacted.
The Festival du Voyageur inc. is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, nationality, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital and family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and any other characteristics protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act.