RECIPE FOR 1 8 X 8 INCH PAN (6 TO 9 PEOPLE)
For the syrup:
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- 2 cups heavy cream
For the dough:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of fine salt
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
- Butter a deep baking dish and place it on a baking sheet.
- Bring the maple syrup and heavy cream to a boil in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Turn off the heat once the mixture begins to bubble, stir and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl using a spatula or electric mixer until creamy and well combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract and 1 egg until incorporated.
- Add the other egg. Sprinkle with baking powder, salt and flour.
- Mix with a spatula until the dough is just combined.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared dish and pour 2 cups of the maple cream on top,
- Reserve any additional sauce.
- Bake in the center of a preheated oven until the pudding is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes; serve the pudding with the additional maple cream.